Made with fresh Pittsford Farms Dairy cream, and rich chocolate
The flavors in this collection explore a range of heats and spices, perfect for cold winter days.
Truffle Flavors include:
- Raspberry Wasabi: Raspberries, pure wasabi and raspberry liqueur in semisweet chocolate.
- Orange Chipotle: Organic orange zest, organic chipotle and orange liqueur in semisweet chocolate
- Peanut Butter Cayenne: A gianduja of milk chocolate, Once Again peanut butter, organic cayenne and Seneca Lake Salt.
- Coconut Curry: Organic Madras curry powder, toasted coconut and Seneca Lake Salt in white chocolate.
- Lemon Pepper: Black pepper, organic lemon zest and gluten-free (corn) vodka in white chocolate
"I must confess, Hedonist Artisan Chocolates had me at hello. Their Spice Truffle collection was like taking a space ship to a chocolate galaxy, far, far away. All five flavors beguiled with their names and seduced with their flavors. Each was enrobed in a delicious dark chocolate shell, neither too thin nor too thick.
Lemon Pepper was redolent of lemon, which can be tricky with dark chocolate, so the truffle was made with white chocolate and spiked with pepper. The tang of citrus and the pungency of pepper went remarkably well against the dark chocolate couverture.
Coconut Curry, also made with white chocolate and sun-colored, presumably from some turmeric in the mix, was a revelation. Chewy, spicy, complex, and creamy, quite a chocolate trip.
The dark ganache-filled Orange Chipotle packed some heat, but not too much. Smoky chipotle peppers catalyzed the creamy texture into its own little endorphin reverie.
Raspberry Wasabi felt tame, by comparison. What was particularly fetching about this cocoa dusted truffle was the balance of raspberry with a touch of wasabi. First one flavor would predominate, then the next; utterly sublime.
Peanut Butter Cayenne was another wild ride. Wow! This was one fantastically intense experience....If you are like me, and welcome opportunities to try inspired combinations of flavors and textures, these truffles really deliver." - Chocolate Ratings review